Release 4.0 requirements:
- You must install Adobe AIR 3.3 from: http://get.adobe.com/air/
- Be sure to create a new campaign for existing user accounts testing 4.0 (so you can go back and fourth between 3.0 and 4.0)
- Remove your existing 3.0 cookie before launching the SignageStudio 4.0 (and also delete it when going back to 3.0)
To delete the registered user local cookie so you can re-login delete the SignagePlayer.XXX directory:
Delete C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\SignagePlayer.XXX
In Windows 7 / Vista
In Mac OS X
rm -r -f /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Preferences/SignagePlayer.XXX
rm -r -f /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SignagePlayer.XXX
In Linux / Ubuntu
rm -r -f /root/.appdata/Signage*
- Introduction to release 4.0
- Screen Templates
- XML component
- Facebook component
- QR code
- Collection component
- Video wall
- Content creation
- Form component
- Multi functions
- Twitter component
- Scene intro
As of current candidate release we do not ask that users report functionality bugs since we are fixing them on a daily basis.
However, we would greatly appreciate it if test users can provide us with scenarios where they received an exception error.
An exception error is when a Dialog pops up with a title of "Oops, that's embarrassing, what just happened..."
So if you see such an Error please let us know the steps to reproduce so we can fix all Exceptions errros.
If you can make a video using the free site: TechSmith it would be greatly appreciated.
Release notes for 4.0
- Beta release does not support Web (Web Player / Web Preview / Web Embed / Web Studio)
- Release 4.0 Facebook component does not support iOS (iPad / iPhone)
The software has become a world-class solution that everyone enjoys while the range of supported devices is growing beyond the PC to TVs, tablets and mobile devices.
At MediaSignage we are working around the clock to make sure we deliver our (and your) dream, Digital Signage for everyone.
We thank you for your support as we make MediaSignage the most powerful, most versatile, FREE Digital Signage platform in the known universe!
For latest build bug fix list review the live doc posted at on the forum
For the latest updates be sure to follow us or join G+ Circle, or visit our Twitter page.